Friday, March 10, 2017

Davina & the Vagabonds

 Dress, Cardigan, Leggings, & Shoes: Torrid (Torrid sent me everything except for the cardigan...which was thrifted)
Crinoline: Malco Modes, thrifted
Purse: etsy, gift from Kate
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
These photos were taken last August for Marcy's 22+ Style Lookbook that came out in the fall. Torrid generously sent me the dress, leggings, & shoes that I picked out. This cherry pin-up dress is cheery & charming...I felt flirty just wearing it. I went with a size 28 for the dress...it's cotton with no stretch & I wasn't sure what size to go with...but it was PERFECT. I wouldn't change a thing about it. This was my first pair of shoes from Torrid...I believe all their shoes are wide width, which I'm not...but they are so cute I don't care. 
I was blown away by how well made the dress was. I have since purchased several dresses from Torrid, but previous to getting this dress...I had mostly stuck to collecting their amazing leggings. 
For this photo shoot...I wore a black Malco Modes crinoline underneath. How do people store those things??? I added a polka dot cardigan to see Davina & the Vagabonds with Kate last month & left the crinoline at home. 
Drinks at an adorable bar across the street from The Stoughton Opera House before the show. I asked if they had a drink menu & the bartender told me...only for martinis. I tentatively asked if she could make me a Moscow Mule...she said yes...but with that one word told me...yes, of course I can...what kind of hick bar do you think this is?? This framed Fortune magazine cover from January 1937 was in the bathroom...I took a photo because not only was it pretty...but $1 an issue?! That seems fairly steep for that year.
Despite the hard wooden seats...the opera house is a fantastic & gorgeous venue and Davina & the Vagabonds were spectacular. The girlie & I bought albums after the show & Kate took our picture. I don't normally ask...but she's adorable & sweet. The full moon was lovely on our walk to the car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment