Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Wisconsin Film Festival Tickets

 Dress: Whimsy Wrap Dress in Black by Kiyonna (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Leggings: Torrid (size 4)
Cardigan: Croft & Barrow, thrifted
Boots: Steve Madden
Purse: Gift from Kate
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
These Kiyonna Whimsy Wrap Dresses are the best...I own several. However, after so many years of wearing so much black...the goth years...this seemed like a lot of black to me since I wear so much color now.  The last Whimsy dress I wore was nearly a year ago in Evergreen
I enjoyed pairing this black dress with a red leopard cardigan & leggings covered in red roses.
We stopped by our new house & I spied six deer out in the backyard...
Wisconsin Film Fest planning with the girlie...& yummy food that she made us...& wine. It took several hours, but we watched all the trailers we could find for the movies we were interested in. Then we tried to fit them into our film fest schedule. 
We decided to try something new this year...after farmers' market...we waited in line to buy tickets instead of suffering through the agonizing online experience. We got there about 10:20? & were something like 12th in line. Tickets went on sale at noon. At 12:15 Angie texted me that her tickets were bought (it typically takes ~45 minutes...the website freezes up, it throws you off, it deletes movies...I have an anxiety attack). At 1:30...we were still standing in line...they started writing the sold out movies on a board. At 1:40 I was finally able to start purchasing tickets. I'll go back to buying them online next year & will never complain again. 
Kate & I had planned on tea & doughnuts for lunch at Matcha, but they closed at 2 (& guess what we were still doing at 2?), so we tried another Madison Area Chef Network event for Chef Week...the sandwich contest at Gotham Bagels. I devoured the Gilbert Altschul & it was amazing. Why don't I have a photo of Kate? So sad. During Chef Week...local chefs get together & do mash-ups or switch restaurants...it's fun. 
Look what came in the post!!! A few months back I told you about a service a fellow blogger, Janeane from Designing From My Closet...had started...a thrift box service! For $100 she will go thrifting for you & pick out some unique pieces that match your style. She totally got me...I love it all...especially that leopard & paisley bell sleeved top...how fabulous is that?! 
I got these dresses on a massive sale at Scarlett & Jo...they were all $15...except for the blue velvet, which was $24. This was my first experience with them & I am quite pleased with the dresses. I've been admiring S&J clothing on UK bloggers for years, so I am happy I finally took a chance. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeshadow in Strange, Dust, Trick, Factory, & Blackheart; Kat von D eyeshadow in Rewind; Year of the Dragon eyeshadow from Mon Ennui Cosmetics; NYX lip palette in The Reds; & Lustgarten nail polish from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.

1 comment:

  1. OMG that thrift box looks amazing! I would love a service like that in the UK. This outfit is lovely - and that cardigan is seriously lustworthy!

    ReplyDelete