Thursday, June 1, 2017

May 1st: My 47th Birthday

 Dress: Floral Spot Dress by City Chic (size XXL/24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Willow Bay, thrifted 
Leggings: Lipstick Traces by Beth Ditto (size 22/24)
Shoes: Me Too, thrifted 
Necklace, Earring, & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Someday I will look in the mirror before I leave the house...this was not that day. I actually like this outfit...except for the cardigan...& that really ruins the whole look for me. I have a chartreuse cropped cardigan that would have looked SO much more put together. Oh, well. Also, this City Chic dress was not my favorite...the fabric felt like a shower curtain. Despite all that...I felt cute wearing this for my birthday & the day after. 
I was excited to finally wear these Beth Ditto leggings I bought last year...so cute. I'm glad I got them when I did as her shop is closing for a bit...I hope it comes back. I also got her Eat Your Make-up leggings. These leggings are incredibly soft & comfortable with a wide waistband that stays put & doesn't roll. 
The quest for a bathroom countertop continues...we liked this lemurian quartzite the best so far. We are still looking for our holy grail...Mermaid Green. We know it exists & must be out there somewhere for us to buy. 
Look at this pretty package that just happened to show up on my birthday! Two new earrings from Theresa of etXarte
Girlie birthday dinner! Kate was supposed to be off hiking the Appalachian Trail for six months by my birthday...but her cat got sick, so she stuck around for an extra month. She left last Sunday & I miss her terribly, but hope she has a wonderful time. Six months! 
Delightful cocktails & scrumptious food at Heritage Tavern. Their deviled eggs are divine, but those bacon wrapped fried cheese curds are quite tasty as well. 
The next day...David & I drove to Milwaukee to look at granite for countertops...the guy we'd been talking to the day before sent a photo of what we were looking for to this shop & it looked like they might have our Mermaid Green. They had an amazing selection & so many gorgeous slabs...not the one we wanted...but one that came so very close that we put a hold on it (the center pic). Check out all those greens! Every place we've gone has had next to no green available. 
Lunch & then on to check out the Milwaukee ReStore. This light fixture came home with us. It is gigantic...we don't really have a place for anything that large...but are going to try to make it work in our enormous walk-in closet. This Re/Store gets a bunch of floor models of lighting from a nearby shop...we looked this one up & it is still being sold online for the discounted price of $4,000...I think we paid $50. That couch! I was really hoping it was comfortable as it would be perfect in the rec room of our new house...but the back is super short & didn't offer any support...so there it stayed. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeshadow in Alchemy, Gossip, Jones, Goldmine, Calavera, & Mean; Habanero lipstick by MAC; & J'Adore My Mani nail polish by Morgan Taylor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment