Thursday, June 8, 2017

Mermaid Green!

 Dress: Fit & Flare Dress in Orange by London Times via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Denim 24/7, thrifted
Leggings: Torrid
Shoes: Born
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I was so excited by the idea of this dress...I mean, it's the color of fun...but it turned out to be too long on me & not shaped very well...the waist was too low & the front pleats & pockets didn't lay right. The color was marvelous & I adored the textured pattern.
I bought these Torrid leggings in a 50% off sale a while back, but this is my first time wearing them...I didn't really want to add black, but I didn't have anything else that looked right. 
These griddle cakes from our favorite local diner are the best...they are chock full of apples & yum...
Looking at bricks at Deconstruction, Inc...David was playing around with all the various colors...I prefer things that don't match. I couldn't help but notice as I walked by this letter display at Michael's...someone had spelled out a word with these letters...hmmm.
David & I travelled down to the Chicago 'burbs to look at a promising slab of granite they were calling Mermaid Green...could it be *our* Mermaid Green?! The bathrooms were so gorgeous...all granite. We had to wear hardhats in the warehouse. They had a few slabs of Mermaid Green...polished & matte...they moved them next to each other for us. It was theeee one we've been looking for!!! The polished slab of labradorite is now ours. I can't believe our bathroom countertop search is finally over...I know it seems like a silly thing to stress about, but we are going to have to look at it a lot & we want it to be pretty. 
The guy at the granite place raved about a Mexican restaurant nearby...Burrito Parrilla Mexicana, so we gave it a try...it was spectacular. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Waterproof Eyeliner in M-10; Kat von D eyeshadow in Analogue, Fran, & Legend; Habanero lipstick by MAC; & an OPI polish I can't remember the name of. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that counter top is gorgeous! :) So happy for you that your search for the perfect one is finally over.

    I seem to have now disappeared down a Labradorite jewellery internet rabbit hole. Just trust me, don't google it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was intrigued by those leggings... great outfit!

    ReplyDelete